The next major update for War Dragons is around the corner with 2.80! We'll be going live with this update next week, and the majority of updates focuses on squashing bugs and making UI improvements.
NEW GIFTING FEATURE
Added Value Pack Gifting
- Players can now gift Value Pack purchases to other players.
- Limited to packs that do not have unique rewards (such as dragons or limited-quantity items).
- You may opt to gift anonymously, or with recognition.
- Show your support and make someone’s day!
Improved messaging for War Tiebreakers
In the event that a war ends in a tie with less flames than 250-250 (ie. 240-240) victory will then be decided upon which team had the greater number of successful defenses. Otherwise, a “Tie” will result with only the lower-ranked team gaining rating.
Poison Damage Rebalance
Ballista towers and damage over time spells have been underutilized. After further review this is because they are less effective than many other options, and therefore we have made balance adjustment damage over time towers and spells.
GAMEPLAY BUG FIXES
- Fixed a graphical issue with the Battlecry spell causing some dragons to burst into flames.
- Fixed a graphical issue where the Evasion spell would fail to display when cast.
- Fixed an issue in the Tutorial where players were unable to collect provided Egg Tokens if they failed to follow the tutorial steps.
- Fixed an issue where players would be notified that their Bookmarks were full when in fact they were not.
- Fixed an issue with Crystalline Shield where after multiple uses in the same attack the dragon would unintentionally take increased damage.
- This change also fixes this issue for Snowdrop.
UI BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Fixed an issue where the Dragon Perch level number was misaligned with the icon in Tactical View.
- Fixed a scaling issue with menu buttons when trying to remove Runes from Monuments.
- Fixed an issue with UI elements overlapping in the Dragons’ Den preventing players from being able to rename their dragons.
- Fixed a scaling issue with the “new portrait” notification button.
- Fixed an issue with some keyboards covering the instructions when you name yourself.
- Fixed an issue where the button to upgrade the builder hut would highlight incorrectly when short on the required resources.
- Fixed an issue where “Defend Teammate” would appear when attacked instead of “Defend Yourself” following a player name change.
- Removed “Breedable” text and icon from dragons (Skarr, Necroth, Nightshade) incorrectly labeled as such.
- Egg currency in Research Hall is now highlighted in red when the player does not have the required amount of eggs.
- Fixed portrait scaling in the avatar menu.
- Improved Advanced Team Name search functionality
- Language localization improvements.
WORLD MAP BETA
- Improved animations during ship battle (ambient dragons attacking ships, ship sinking animation, etc.)
- Added the ability to link to continents in chat.
- Fixed issues around World Map attacks showing wood/food in results screen instead of gold.
- Fixed an issue with Android keyboards malfunctioning when trying to rename continents on the World Map.
- Improved the readability of ship health bars to help better distinguish allies from enemies.
- Improved hit boxes for tapping on ships.
- Added support for elemental totems.